When working in an environment that requires safety glasses, maintaining eye health is of the utmost importance. Every day, more than 2,000 people injure their eyes at work, with about 10% of those injuries resulting in one or more days of missed work. Of the total work-related eye injuries, 10% to 20% will cause temporary or even permanent vision loss.
Having the right eye protection can lessen the severity of most injuries, or even prevent them. However, if you require prescription lenses, standard issue safety glasses can be cumbersome and awkward. And regular prescription glasses are not a replacement for safety glasses. Central One Optical works with some of the top vendors in the country to develop safety frames that are durable, effective, and compliant with all necessary requirements.
armouRx– A first among the safety eyewear industry, the armouRx Collection combines fashion and unique designs for safety eyewear in the workplace. armouRx was developed by one of Canada’s leading eyewear companies. With an extensive background in creating eyewear that is fashion-forward and high in quality craftsmanship, the armouRx Collection is both stylish and functional. Each frame provides standardized eye-protection for the workplace. Look stylish and feel comfortable in armouRx’s individual collections from Wrap-Rx and Metro to Classic, Basic and Titanium. Learn more at www.armourxsafety.com.
Titmus® safety frames are engineered specifically for industrial safety applications. We do not simply copy dress wear – our products are designed for fashion, but engineered to perform to ANSI specifications. We are strict adherents to the ANSI Z87.1-2003 Standard for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices – because this standard is the highest mark of safety in our industry. Even OSHA uses the ANSI standard as a guideline in its regulatory policies. Learn more at www.titmus.com.
On-Guard Safety – As the leader in prescription safety eyewear fashion, On-Guard offers the largest and most comprehensive prescription frame assortment in the industry. From the groundbreaking Front Office Collection, to the latest in rimless design, On-Guard combines a flair for style and performance, which in many cases exceed ANSI Z87.1 and CSA Z94.3 standards. Learn more at www.hilco.com/optometry/